Thursday, September 18, 2008

Christopher Columbus' Forgotten Voyage




Excuse all of this; if chivalry is dead, then I am a dead man.
A tired classroom of anxious fingertips
Let’s leave this and start our own clique.
The two of us coupled with panoramic skies
And straight painted road lines.

We all want to live on our own
But we don’t want to leave the comforts of home.
When I finally want to open a new door, nothing is on the other side
Others never look inside, fearing for what they might find.

What if déjà vu could finally come true?
Searching for someone above in the cloudy blue.
I didn’t believe her eyes could get bolder
If the sun had a face it’d be above her shoulders.
But the rich marry the rich, and the poor look for bargains
As for me you’ll find me on the margin.




2 comments:

Stephanie said...

love the poem....but def not as much as the title ;) lol

APLITghosts said...

Did you change this after we talked about it? I really like it. I, like Stephanie, love the title. I also love the imagery and the way each verse adds up to an idea. The ideas are more organized here and it works well. Great job.- elmeer